UH Venues works in partnership with the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges and the Southern Universities Purchasing consortium to improve sustainable procurement. Included in all procurement is a link to the environmental policy to which all suppliers must adhere.
Our suppliers must comply with current environmental legislation. We also work with them to bring about changes and improve sustainability throughout the supply chain. This includes appropriate consideration being given to the costs and benefits of environmentally and socially preferable products and services.
What we are doing:
- University of Hertfordshire Sustainable Procurement strategy followed
- Reduced deliveries following consolidation of suppliers
- Local companies used where possible
- Use of concentrated cleaning materials
- Discuss policy with all suppliers
- Sustainable fish supplies
- Engage further with all suppliers
- Improve seasonal offering on menus
- Encourage reuse of packaging by suppliers